What is ACES?
ACES stands for Automation of Central Excise and Service Tax. It is a centralized, web based software application which automates various processes of Central Excise and Service Tax for Assessees and Department, and gives complete end to end solution. Any Assessee can register with Department using ACES application, can file tax return, claims & intimations, track its status and get online messages.
How many parts are there in ACES?
ACES application has two parts, one is for Central Excise and other for Service Tax. Assessee has to register separately to use each of them.
Who can use ACES?
Any person who wishes to transact any business with Central Excise or Service Tax Department can use ACES.
For what can I use ACES?
ACES can be used for:
- Online registration and amendment of registration details
- Electronic filing of documents such as Returns, Claims, Intimations and permissions
- Online tracking of the status of applications, claims and permissions
- Online facility to view documents like Registration Certificate, Returns, Show Cause Notice, Order-In-Original etc.
What are the salient features of ACES homepage?
ACES homepage is an interface for users/ Assesses to access the Central Excise and Service Tax applications. The website also enables users to make online payment through e-Payment option, download the Returns offline utilities through Download option. The website also keeps track on latest updates of the ACES application and gives links to various other sites under CBEC.
What is LMS and where it is available?
Learning Management Software abbreviated as LMS is self learning software developed in flash. The software demonstrates to use various functionalities across ACES application. The software is accessible through Help section of ACES homepage. You need to have flash player installed at your computer along with speakers before using the same.
What are the links mentioned on the login page?
There are following links appearing on the login page:
- Click here to Register with ACES
To register yourself with ACES application, if you are a new user, this link be used
-Forgot your password
To retrieve your password in case you forget it
- Know your location
To know your Commissionerate, Division and Range, with their exact addresses, based on name of the State
- Know you location based on locality
To know your Commissionerate, Division and Range, with their exact addresses, based on Pin Code.
I am a new user, how do I get registered with ACES?
You need to click on ?Click here to Register with ACES? link on the login page and submit the form ?Registration with ACES? by furnishing a self-chosen user ID and e-mail ID. System checks for availability of the chosen User ID and generates a password. It will be sent to your email. This is not a statutory registration required under Central Excise or Service Tax Laws, but registration only with the ACES application.
In which Email Id I will get mails and alerts from ACES?
Before filing a registration form all communications will be sent to the Email Id mentioned during the registration with ACES. Later communications will be sent to the Email Id mentioned in the statutory form (A1/A2/A3/ST1).
What is TPIN?
For the existing Assessees, whose data is migrated from SACER/SAPS into ACES, the system generates a TPIN (Temporary Personal Identification Number) and password for initial access to the application. The format of TPIN is t+?9 digit number? (e.g. t012345678). A message with details for accessing ACES is sent to the email Id available in Assessee?s registration details. The message contains a hyperlink to User Name selection screen in ACES, and password for the Assessee.
When the Assessee accesses ACES application for the first time through the hyperlink, TPIN is auto populated and assessee has to enter the new User Name that would be used for accessing ACES, password as provided in the mail, new password and details of security question. The system authenticates the user based on the password entered and checks for availability of desired User Name.
Once the User Name and password are assigned successfully, the TPIN is deactivated, and all subsequent logins are possible using the selected credentials.
The possible resolution may be as follows:
- Enter about:config in the address bar of FireFox.
- Next in the filter bar type print.printer_PostScript. This filters out all but the entries that start with this string.
- Find the entry print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_height, double click it and change the value to 279.40.
- Next find print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_name, and change this entry to Letter.
- Finally find print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_width and change it to read 215.90.
- Close FireFox and re-open.
Please follow the following steps and try to submit the form again:-
- Open an Internet Explorer window and Goto Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click on the Security Tab. Change the Security level by moving the slider to Medium-High setting as shown in the attached screenshot -> Click Ok tab
- Open a new browser window and again try to upload the file.
What is Service Desk?
In case of any difficulty in accessing or using the ACES application, Assessees can seek help of the ACES Service Desk.
How to contact Service Desk?
You can contact ACES Service Desk by sending email to Service Desk or calling up national toll-free number given in ACES homepage at Help Section.
What is the minimum systems requirement to use ACES application?
The minimum systems requirement to use ACES application is following:-
- Processor:- Intel Pentium III or higher
- RAM:- 256 MB or higher
- HDD:- 80GB or more
- Web Browser:- I.E. 6.0 or above, Netscape 6.2 or above
- MS Excel 2003 or above
- Sound card with speakers for LMS